The Bridge is a unique, creative program designed to encourage young people’s exploration of both the joys and risks of online gaming.
It uses animations, kinaesthetic learning activities and engaging discussions to raise awareness of the addictive nature of gaming and its links to gambling; and supports students to develop self-care strategies to build protection from gaming and future gambling harm.
This online suite of age appropriate and curriculum-aligned resources is designed for use by teachers, parents and community educators with upper primary and early secondary-aged children.
How to use this site
- Select the module from the provided links above.
- Within each module you find a video link to watch.
- When you have finished watching your chosen video, download the module program (PDF) in the links provided.
- The Conversation starters are provided for each module. They refer directly to events that take place in the videos in each module.
- These are provided as a starting point for you to identify and lead discussions with your students about issues raised in each video. You can choose to follow them as a map for student discussion, or to provide them as a worksheet for students to fill in.
- We recommend leading at least some discussion before or after students engage with the worksheets, as they will learn a great deal from each other, and have the opportunity to share their own gaming experiences.
A series of Creative Activities has been designed to deepen engagement with a number of issues raised in the videos.